Efficiency. Accuracy. Stability.
Over the past decade, DVR® has helped change the treatment of distal radius fractures and has been continually improved and adapted to provide a broad range of surgical options to help surgeons address the needs of their patients.
- All locking, non-locking and oblong holes accept the 2.7 mm screws, requiring a single drill bit and driver. This allows surgeons and OR staff to streamline workflow, minimizing the need to interchange instruments during the procedure. Additionally, the system indicates side-specific implants by color-coding creating an efficient and easy-to-use system.
- A narrow shaft is designed to make it easy to fit the plate to bone without compromising fixation options. Cross-locking oblique screw options are designed to provide three-dimensional fixation in commuted fractures and osteoporotic bone. Pegs and locking screws have tapered heads and triple-lead threads to create a stiff construct and enhance insertion and removal characteristics.
- Cobalt chrome multi-directional pegs and fixed-angle K-wire holes aid the surgeon with optimized plate positioning and provide the flexibility to adjust peg trajectories while still creating a strong, stable construct.
Leading the way to a new approach, the DVR plate is designed to help restore motion to patients worldwide – in the everyday activities that are driven by the hand and wrist.
Variable Screw Options
Locking, non-locking and multi-directional screw options are available to provide optimal fit for the fracture type. For efficiency, all screw holes accept the 2.7mm screws, requiring a single drill bit and driver. Pegs and locked screws have tapered heads and triple-lead threads to create a stiff construct designed to facilitate easy insertion and removal. Cross-locking oblique screw options are designed to provide three-dimensional fixation in the commuted fractures and osteoporotic bone.
DVR Anatomic Volar Plating System Surgical Technique
Surgical Approach: With over 10 years of positive clinical experience and over 300,0001 plates sold worldwide, Zimmer Biomet is proud and honored to have contributed to the advancement of the art and science of fracture fixation. Zimmer Biomet is committed to providing our surgeons with the best combination of technology and service possible in order to treat their patients.
DVR® Portfolio of Plates Surgical Technique
Surgical Approach: With years of clinical heritage in treating distal radius fractures using the volar approach, the DVR brand continues to evolve.1–2 The DVR Crosslock System offers an advanced anatomic design, enhanced fixation options over the existing DVR System, and streamlined instrumentation.
DVR Plating Solutions
DVR Crosslock Instructional Video
DVR Volar Rim Plate Animation
Zimmer Biomet DVR Crosslock Animation
- Chung, Kevin C. et al. Treatment of Unstable Distal Radial Fractures with the Volar Locking Plating System. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 88:2687-2693.
- Orbay, Jorge L. et al. Volar Fixed-Angle Plate Fixation for Unstable Distal Radius Fractures in the elderly Patient. The Journal of Hand Surgery. 29:96-102.