Proven. Versatile. Simple.
The Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System was born from a desire to provide a complete shoulder arthroplasty solution to surgeons, without compromise.
Now, this spirit of innovation lives on through evolved solutions
for challenging cases, including Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction
System (VRS), Segmental Revision System (SRS) for reverse and
anatomic, Augmented Baseplates and Mini Humeral Trays and
Confidently approach clinical challenges with proven technologies, versatile innovation and market-leading simple solutions in the Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System.
Proven Clinical History
The Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder has been trusted since 2008. It has a proven1-12 clinical history, and combines materials that have been tested to withstand the demands of joint arthroplasty. Common clinical challenges such as scapular notching and polyethylene wear were inputs of the original design rationale, and Comprehensive Reverse provides the answers.
Suite of Glenoid Solutions
The glenoid is traditionally the most difficult part of a reverse shoulder procedure due to poor visibility of the scapula for assessment of the glenoid vault and glenoid version, minimal bone for fixation of the implants and determination of deltoid tensioning. The surgery can become even more difficult with moderately to severely eroded glenoids. In order to address a wide range of possible patient anatomies, the Comprehensive Reverse System provides one of the most complete glenoid portfolios on the market and includes Mini and Standard Baseplates, Augmented Baseplates, Vault Reconstruction System and compatibility with Trabecular Metal™ Reverse System to solve any glenoid deficiency that comes your way.
Instrumentation can make big difference in a surgery. Good instrumentation should allow the patient and implant to come into focus. Comprehensive Reverse instrumentation was designed to be intuitive and complement the surgical work flow.
Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System Surgical Technique Animation
Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder Humeral Surgical Technique Animation
- Vivacit-E Vitamin E Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene Long-Term Performance for High Demand Patients. Zimmer Technical Memo, 2014. Literature # 97-7255-181-00 Rev 1. (Laboratory studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.)
- Peiserich M, et al. Retention of Mechanical Properties in a Blended Vitamin E Polyethylene After Extreme Oxidative Challenge. Poster 1060, ORS 2013 Meeting. 2013. (Laboratory studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.)
- Mimnaugh,K. et al. 100 Million-Cycle Wear Evaluation of Crosslinked Vitamin E Grafted Polyethylene (VE-HXPE) Acetabular Liners. Paper No. 0403. ORS 2016 Annual Meeting (Laboratory studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.)
- Zimmer Prolong Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene Brochure. Literature #: 97-5952-101-00 Rev 2. (Laboratory studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.)
- Xinning L, Dines J, Warren R, Craig E, Dines D. Inferior Glenosphere Placement Reduces Scapular Notching in Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. Orthopedics. 2015; 38(2):e88-e93.
- Jost, Patrick W, Dines, Joshua S, Griffith, Matthew H, Angel, Michael, Altcheck, David W, Dines, David M. Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Utilizing Mini-Stem Humeral Components: Technique and Short-Term Results. HSSJ (2011) 7:213-217.
- Wagner, Eric R, Statz, Joseph M, Houdek, Mathew T, Cofield, Robert H, Sanchez-Sotelo, Joaquin, Sperling, John W. Use of a shorter humeral stem in revision reverse shoulder arthroplasty. J Shoulder and Elbow Surg. 2017.
- S.A. Guiseffi, P Streubel, J. Sperling, J. Sanchez-Sotelo. Short-stem uncemented primary reverse shoulder arthroplasty. The Bone & Joint Journal. 2014; 96-B: 526-9.
- Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder Post-Market Clinical Study (Protocol EX007). September 2018 Annual Report.
- Werner B, Dines J, Dines D. Platform systems in shoulder arthroplasty. Curr Rev Musculoskeletal Med. 2016.
- Williams P, Trehan S, Tsouris N, Dines J, Dines D, Edward C, Gulotta L, Warren R. Functional Outcomes of Modular Conversion of Hemiarthroplasty or Total to Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. HSS Journal. 2017.
- Wiser K, Borbas P, Ek E, Meyer D, Gerber C. Conversion of Stemmed Hemi-or Total to Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: Advantages of a Modular Stem Design. Clin Orthop Relat Res; 2015; 473:651-660.