HTR-PEKK introduces state-of-the-art technology and material for manufacturing implants. Through laser sintering or 3D printed manufacturing, HTR-PEKK offers complex solutions to match patient needs.
PEKK (poly-ether-ketone-ketone) is a biocompatible material from the same polymer family as PEEK. This family of materials has been utilized in orthopedics and trauma since the 1980s.1
Surgeons can now select a material for medical device implants offering properties such as radiolucency2 and high mechanical strength.3
- A high strength material with compressive strength of 24.9 Kpsi4
- Proven biocompatibility5
- Four fit options for patient specific aesthetics
- Simplified CT data transfer through FTP and PACS
HTR-PEKK is manufactured in partnership with Oxford Performance Materials (OPM) using OsteoFab™ Technology
- Kurtz S. and Devine J., PEEK biomaterials in trauma, orthopedic, and spinal implants. Biomaterials, 2007. 28: p. 4845-4869.
- Converse, G. et al. Hydroxyapatite whisker-reinforced polyetherketoneketone bone ingrowth scaffolds. Acta Biomaterialia. 2010. (6) pg 856-863.
- ASTMF2820 material standards on file.
- OPM material Spec, on file. OsteoFab Medical Parts and Implants
- OPM Internal test report, ISO 10993.