ZBEdge is Dynamic Intelligence with the power to elevate and unlock the full potential of Zimmer Biomet's cutting-edge digital technologies, robotics, implant solutions and consultancy services.
Dynamic and Artificial Intelligence in Orthopedics
ZBEdge technologies collect objective
data before, during and after surgery, and then deliver actionable
insights to help you make the most informed decision possible.
- OrthoIntel Orthopedic Intelligence Platform shows early associations between intra-operative TKR laxity and post-operative outcomes.1
- X-Atlas® 2D to 3D Technology, the pre-operative planning software used with ROSA® Knee, effectively predicted implant size prior to surgery.2
- WalkAITM Predicted Progress Exceptions* create a personalised prediction model of each patient’s 90-day gait speed. By using artificial intelligence and machine learning, it helps predict patients likely to be at risk of a low 90-day gait speed outcome.
Efficient robotic, digital healthcare and process optimisation programs
ZBEdge connects robotic, digital
technologies and process optimisation programmes together to help you
deliver faster and more efficient care. Demand for orthopaedic
treatment is growing; you need tools that help you meet that demand
- Use of the ROSA Knee System has resulted in a faster recovery following total knee arthroplasty for range-of-motion10, Knee Society Scores11, and KOOS JR scores12 when compared to conventional TKA.
- The mymobility® care management platform enabled more efficient care by reducing in-person physical therapy and emergency department visits.3,4,7
- ROSA Knee has a rapid initial learning curve.5,6
fast-tracked programmes like Rapid RecoveryTM have been
shown to reduce short term complications12 and be cost efficient.13-14
More personalisation for a great user experience
ZBEdge can be personalised and is designed for ease-of-use. The goal? Greater clinician and patient engagement in healthcare. ZBEdge technologies help remove friction for patients and caregivers alike through well-designed solutions.
- Patients who follow accelerated pathways like Rapid Recovery can experience a notable increase in satisfaction and quality of life after discharge versus standard care.15,16
- mymobility patients reported decreased surgery-related anxiety compared to previous medical/surgical experiences.8
- ROSA Knee resulted in less physician stress and strain compared to conventional instruments.9
ZBEdge Supporting Evidence
Learn more about the evidence supporting our technology.
Ready to Find Your EDGE?
ZBEdge NOW WalkAI
Hear from Prof. Pearce about his experience with WalkAI Predicted Progress Exceptions.
Are you ready to find your Edge?
Register your interest to attend a ZBEdge demonstration or ask for a
- Lonner, J.H., Anderson, M.B., Redfern, R.E. et al. An Orthopaedic Intelligence Application Successfully Integrates Data from a Smartphone-based Care Management Platform and a Robotic Knee System Using a Commercial Database. International Orthopaedics (SICOT) (2022).
- Massé, Vincent and Raju S. Ghate. Using standard X-ray images to create 3D digital bone models and patient-matched guides for aiding implant positioning and sizing in total knee arthroplasty. Computer Assisted Surgery, 26:1, 31-40, published online 15 Mar 2021.
- Crawford, David et al. 2021 Mark Coventry Award: Use of a smartphone-based care platform after primary partial and total knee arthroplasty: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Bone Joint J 2021;103-B(6 Supple A):3-12.
- Crawford, David et al. Early outcomes of primary total hip arthroplasty with use of a smartphone-based care platform: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Bone Joint J 2021;103-B(7 Supple B):91-97.
- Vanlommel, Luc, Enrico Neven, Mike B. Anderson*, Liesbeth Bruckers, Jan Truijen. The initial learning curve for the ROSA® Knee System can be achieved in 6-11 cases for operative time and has similar 90-day complication rates with improved implant alignment compared to manual instrumentation in total knee arthroplasty. Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics (2021) 8:119.
- Bolam SM, Tay ML, Zaidi F, et al. Introduction of ROSA robotic-arm system for total knee arthroplasty is associated with a minimal learning curve for operative time. Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics. 2022;9(1):86.
- Alexander JS, Redfern RE, Duwelius PJ, Berend KR, Lombardi Jr. AV, Crawford DA, Use of a smartphone-based care platform after primary partial and total knee arthroplasty: 1-year follow-up of a prospective randomized controlled trial, The Journal of Arthroplasty (2023), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2023.02.082.
- mymobility Clinical Study Preliminary Data. Patients completing survey through 08/04/2020. Questions answered between 14 and 44 days post op. Study ongoing.
- Haffar A, Krueger CA, Goh GS, Lonner JH. Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Surgical Assistance Results in Less Physician Stress and Strain Than Conventional Methods. 2022 Jun;37(6S):S193-S200.
- Fary C, Tripuraneni K, Klar B, Ren AN, Abshagen S, Verheul R. EARLIER GAINS IN ACTIVE RANGE OF MOTION FOLLOWING ROBOTIC-ASSISTED TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY COMPARED WITH CONVENTIONAL INSTRUMENTATION. Orthopaedic Proceedings. 2023;105-B(SUPP_2):43-43. doi:doi:10.1302/1358-992X.2023.2.043
- Parratte S, Van Overschelde P, Bandi M, Ozturk BY, Batailler C. An anatomo-functional implant positioning technique with robotic assistance for primary TKA allows the restoration of the native knee alignment and a natural functional ligament pattern, with a faster recovery at 6 months compared to an adjusted mechanical technique. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. May 13 2022;doi:10.1007/s00167-022-06995-4
- Khan IA, Vaile JR, DeSimone CA, et al. Image-Free Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty Results in Quicker Recovery But Equivalent One-Year Outcomes Compared To Conventional Total Knee Arthroplasty. The Journal of Arthroplasty. doi:10.1016/j.arth.2023.02.023
- Jonsson G and Lundgren BS. Rapid Recovery – Improves The Work Satisfaction of the Staff. Presented at the 3rd European Rapid Recovery Symposium, London, 2012.
- Jansen JA, Kruidenier J, Spek B, Snoeker BAM. A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis After Implementation of a Fast-Track Protocol for Total Knee Arthroplasty. Knee, 27(2): 451-458, 2020.
- Larsen K, Hansen TB, Thomsen PB, Christiansen T, Søballe K. Cost-Effectiveness of Accelerated Perioperative Care and Rehabilitation After Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 91(4): 761-772, 2009.
- Büttner M, Maye AM, Büchler B, Betz U, Drees P, Susanne S. Economic analyses of fast track total hip and knee arthroplasty: a systematic review. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2020; 30: 67-74
*WalkAI is only available for iPhone® mymobility app patients undergoing a hip or knee replacement.
**Omni Suite utilizes artificial intelligence (object recognition). The AI was developed to support the existing administrative tasks to enhance the efficiency of the OR workflow. The AI does not function to support any clinical decisions.
***Check for country product regulatory clearances and reference product-specific instructions for use.
Patients must have internet access and a text-capable mobile device or a compatible smartphone to use mymobility; not all smartphone app features are available with web-based version. Not all patients are candidates for mymobility and patients should be evaluated by surgeons as appropriate candidates for therapy at home.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website.
This material is intended for healthcare professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. Zimmer Biomet does not practice medicine. For indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counselling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; visit www.zimmerbiomet.com for additional product information. Not all patients are candidates for the use of this product and surgeons should evaluate individually to determine which patients are appropriate for therapy at home.
All names used in the mymobility app examples are fictitious. No
identification with actual patients or health care professionals is
intended or should be inferred. Apple, Apple Watch, iPhone, HealthKit
and Mac are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and
other countries. The Zimmer Biomet Connected Health mymobility
Application. Patients must have compatible hardware and be clinically
appropriate for remote care to use mymobility. WalkAI is only
available for mymobility patient using an iPhone. ©2022 Zimmer