The Vanguard Knee System offers surgical simplicity with complete component interchangeability.
The clinical heritage of AGC® , Maxim® , and Ascent™ Total Knee Systems combined design features have allowed Zimmer Biomet to produce the Vanguard Complete Knee System1-3
For cemented PS and AS Knees and CR Knees with and without patella
Survivorship at 10 years596.4%
Clinical Heritage120 years
With Direct Compression Molded (DCM) tibial bearing technology
The Vanguard Knee System offers the flexibility to change from cruciate retaining (CR) to posterior stabilized (PS) within a single system.
You might also be interested in
- Ritter, M. The Anatomical Graduated Component Total Knee Replacement: A Long-Term Evaluation with 20-year Survival Analysis. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 91-B(6):745–49, 2009.
- Lombardi, A. et al. An Algorithm for the Posterior Cruciate Ligament In Total Knee Arthroplasty. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 392:75-87, 2001.
- Bassett, R. Results of 1,000 Performance Knees Cementless Versus Cemented Fixation. The Journal of Arthroplasty. 13(4):409-13, 1998.
- Latest ODEP ratings
can be found at http://www.odep.org.uk, Vanguard
CR Cem Fixed Fin ArCom Lip no Pat, Vanguard CR Cem Fixed
Fin ArCom Pat, Vanguard CR Cem Fixed Fin Mono ArCom Pat, Vanguard
CR Cem Fixed I-Beam Mono ArCom no Pat, Vanguard CR Cem Fixed
I-Beam ArCom no Pat, Vanguard PS Cem Fixed Fin ArCom no Pat,
Vanguard AS Hyb Fixed Fin ArCom Pat, Vanguard CR CEM FIXED FIN MONO
ARCOM STD PAT
ODEP rating received in 2020.
- Crawford DA, Adams JB, Hurst JM, Berend KR, Lombardi Jr. AV, 10-year Minimum Outcomes and Survivorship with a High Flexion Knee System, The Journal of Arthroplasty (2019), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.04.039.
- Beadling, L. Direct Molded Components Shown to Resist Oxidation. Orthopedics Today. 17(4), 1997.
- Furman, B. et al. Effect of Resin Type and Manufacturing Method on UHMWPE Oxidation and Quality at Long Aging and Implant Times. Poster 92-16. 43rd Annual Meeting Orthopaedic Research Society. San Francisco, CA. 1997.
- Beadling, L. Polyethylene-Related Failure: A Challenge to TKA. Orthopedics Today. 16–21, 1996.
- Ritter, M. et al. Long-Term Survival Analysis of a Posterior Cruciate-Retaining Total Condylar Total Knee Arthroplasty. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 309: 136–145, 1994.