Building on a clinically proven legacy,1,2 the Persona Partial Knee is redefining personalization in fixed bearing partial knee design.
- Research shows that surgeons utilizing Partial Knee Arthroplasty (PKA) for at least 20% of their annual knee arthroplasties experienced a significant decrease in their revision rate.10
Benefits of PKA vs TKA include:
Retention of the ACL, which is reported to result in improved proprioception11,12
Better range of motion13,14
Shorter hospital stays16
Lower risk of postoperative complications17
The Persona Partial Knee carries forward design elements of the Zimmer Miller Galante (M/G) Uni, which showed 98% survivorship at 10 years and 90% at 20 years1 . Persona Partial Knee has its own clinical results too! 643 Persona Partial Knees were implanted, and two-year results demonstrated:3
Survivorship at 2 years98.9%
Patients were satisfied or very satisfied with the results of surgery
The Persona Partial Knee is part of the Persona Knee Family.
Personalized, compartment-specific implant shapes based on the Persona® Total Knee
Proven Vivacit-E Vitamin-E® Polyethylene technology4-8
Precise, efficient instrumentation
You might also be interested in
Persona Partial Knee Surgical Technique
Surgical steps for performing Persona Partial Knee replacement.
Click the image below to open
Persona Partial Knee Surgical Animation
PKA Health Economics
Contact us for more information
* The M/G trademark is owned by Smith & Nephew
- Foran, JR. et al. Long-term Survivorship and Failure Modes of Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013 Jan; 471(1): 102–108.
- Berger, RA. et al. Results of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty at a minimum of ten years of follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 May;87(5):999-1006.
- Persona® Partial Knee Clinical Outcomes Study ANNUAL REPORT K.CR.I.G.16.16. Internal data on file at Zimmer Biomet. Sept 2019.
- Zimmer ZRR_WA_2409_11. Extended Aging of Vitamin E Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene.
- Zimmer ZRR_WA_2537_12. Wear Testing of Persona PS Vivacit-E Uhmwpe Articular Surfaces Under Load And Motion Curves from the Iso-14243 Standard.
- Zimmer TM1140.98. 7. Evaluation of the Mechanical Properties Crosslinked UHMWPE.
- Zimmer ZRR_WA_2403_11. Vitamin E Stabilized Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene-Extractability Study.
- Zimmer ZRR_WA_2551_12. Spine Fatigue Evaluation of the NexGen Lps-Flex Conventional Net Shape Molded Articular Surfaces.
- Bischoff JE, Argenson J-N, Della Valle CJ, Thienpont E. Morphologic Assessment of Tibial Tray Design in Partial Knee Arthroplasty. ORS [submitted]. New Orleans, LA 2018.
- Liddle et al. Optimal usage of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty A STUDY OF 41 986 CASES FROM THE NATIONAL JOINT REGISTRY FOR ENGLAND AND WALES. Bone Joint J 2015;97-B:1506–11.
- Pritchett, JW. Patients Prefer a Bicruciate-Retaining or the Medial Pivot Total Knee Prosthesis. Journal of Arthoplasty. Vol. 26 No. 2 2011.
- Katayama, M. et al. Proprioception and Performance After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture. International Orthopaedics (SICOT)
- Amin A, et al. Unicompartmental or Total Knee Replacement? A Direct Comparative Study of Survivorship and Clinical Outcome at Five Years. JBJS Br. 2006; 88-B; Suppl 1, 100.
- Jones, GG, et al. Gait comparison of unicompartmental and total knee arthroplasties with healthy controls. Bone Joint J 2016;(10 SupplB):16–21.
- Willis-Owen CA, et al. Unicondylar knee arthroplasty in the UK National Health Service: An analysis of candidacy, outcome and cost efficacy. Knee. 2009 Dec;16(6):473–8.
- Lombardi, A. et al. Is Recovery Faster for Mobile-bearing Unicompartmental than Total Knee Arthroplasty? Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research. 467:1450-57. 2009.
- Brown, NM, et al. Total Knee Arthroplasty Has Higher Postoperative Morbidity Than Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty: A Multicenter Analysis. The Journal of Arthroplasty. (2012).