The Compress Device was developed as an alternative method for fixating a segmental construct to host bone while creating a stable bone-prosthesis interface.
Intended for Healthcare Professionals
OSS™ Orthopedic Salvage System Compress® Device
Comprehensive, Modular Platform
Designed to replace the distal and/or proximal femur in cases of severe bone loss
- Compatible with OSS Orthopedic Salvage System components
Dynamic Bone Compression
- The Compress Device exemplifies Wolff’s Law –the principle
that bone, when stressed, remodels to become stronger through
dynamic bone compression. This creates a stable, bone-implant
interface for biologic fixation1-3 and helps to prevent
Delivering a comprehensive solution for significant bone loss
When used in conjunction with the Orthopedic Salvage System or Comprehensive® Segmental Revision System, the Compress Device is designed to replace the distal and/or proximal femur in cases of severe bone loss.
You might also be interested in
When used in conjunction with the Orthopedic Salvage System, the
Compress Device is designed to replace the distal and/or proximal
femur and/or humerus in cases of severe bone loss.
- Healey, J. et al. Compress Knee Arthroplasty Has 80% 10-year Survivorship and Novel Forms of Bone Failure. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2013 Mar; 471(3): 774-783.
- Zimel, M et al. Revision Distal Femoral Arthroplasty with the Compress Prosthesis Has a Low Rate of Mechanical Failure at 10 Years.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2016 Feb; 474(2): 528-536.
- Farfalli, GL et al. Early equivalence of uncemented press fit and Compress femoral fixation. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 2009; 467: 2792-9.