Zimmer Biomet’s Nexel Total Elbow builds upon the original, market-leading Coonrad/Morrey Total Elbow and its 30+ year clinical heritage. It uses proprietary Vivacit-E® polyethylene bearings and advances in instrumentation to offer an excellent wear and durability properties.1-5 The bearing geometry has been redesigned to provide advancements in contact stress engineering. The Nexel Total Elbow:
- Is available in sizes 4, 5, and 6
- Is available in left and right configurations
- Has ulnar and humeral components made from Tivanium® (Ti-6AI-4V) alloy
- Includes Vivacit-E bearings to help prevent delamination, maximize oxidative stability, minimize wear, and improve mechanical properties-thereby having a 91% reduction in polyethylene wear compared to the Coonrad/Morrey elbow in laboratory testing6-10*.
- Utilizes a semi-conforming, thicker bearing design to reduce edge-loading and stress, and maximize contact area to distribute joint-reaction forces.
- Includes an innovative 3rd bearing in the humeral yoke for increased compressive contact area
- Comes with a robust Co-Cr linkage system to enhance linkage durability without applying compressive loads to screws
With the Nexel Total Elbow, we’ve upgraded to we offer an excellent alternative to the Coonrad / Morrey Total Elbow.