Whole blood contains several components that can be concentrated during centrifugation to form a buffy coat layer or leukocyte-rich platelet-rich plasma (L-PRP).* By utilizing the GPS III Platelet Concentration System, the patient’s own platelets can be separated into a highly concentrated formula.
PRP Output* Concentrations
- 90% recovery of available platelets1
- 9.3x platelet increase over baseline1
- 5x white blood cell increase over baseline2
- 6 ml of autologous PRP output*2
- 15 minutes centrifuge process2
* The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) prepared by this device has not been evaluated for any clinical indications. The safety and effectiveness of this device for in vivo indications for use, such as bone healing and hemostasis, have not been established.